Vox Media is proud to be one of the companies with the highest number of nominations at the 2020 Webby Awards. The Awards, given annually for excellence on the Internet, recognizes Vox Media with 13 nominations and with five honorees, with work spanning across the Vox Media Podcast Network, five Vox Media newsrooms, and the company’s brand partnerships teams.
Nominees are eligible to win The Webby People’s Voice Award, voted on by fans: please vote in the categories featured below before May 7th.
As the most topically-diverse collection of podcasts, Vox Media Podcast Network series were nominated in a variety of categories:
- Best Arts & Culture Podcast: Vox’s Switched on Pop and Curbed’s Nice Try!
- Best Business Podcast: New York Magazine’s Pivot
- Best News & Politics Podcast: Vox’s Today, Explained
- Best Interview/Talk Show: Vox’s The Ezra Klein Show
- Best Technology Podcast: Recode’s Recode Decode
- Best Documentary Podcast: New York Magazine’s Tabloid, available on Luminary
- Best Podcast Series: The Verge’s Vergecast, a Webby Honoree
In video, the Cut, the Verge, and the Emmy-award-winning Vox video teams were recognized for their work in the medium:
- News & Politics: Vox’s Hong Kong’s huge protests, explained
- Music: Vox’s Earworm: We measured pop music’s falsetto obsession
- How-to, Explainer & DIY: Vox’s The trick that made animation realistic
- How-to & DIY: The Cut’s How I Get It Done
- Technology: The Verge’s Inside the traumatic life of a Facebook moderator
- Science & Education: The Verge Science, a Webby Honoree
- News & Politics: Vox Video, a Webby Honoree
Finally, the company’s notable brand partnerships showcased the creative potential in audio and editorial:
- Best Branded Podcast or Segment: Recode’s Recode Decode features HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Best Branded Podcast or Segment: The Ezra Klein Show and Dropbox’s Flow Thinking, a Webby Honoree
- Best Branded Editorial Experience: The Cut x Audi’s Doing The Most, a Webby Honoree
The Webby nominations are selected from 13,000 entries from 50 states and 70 countries worldwide; fewer than 10% were selected as Nominees. Nominees are chosen by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a group whose members include Instagram Co-founder Kevin Systrom, Mozilla Chairwoman Mitchell Baker, 23andMe Co-Founder and CEO Anne Wojcicki, PBS CEO Paula Kerger, and Headspace Founder Andy Puddicombe.
Support your favorite Vox Media podcasts, videos, and brand partnerships with a vote before May 7.