Vox launched its daily news podcast, Today, Explained, in 2018. Since then, host Sean Rameswaram and team have been breaking down the biggest - and most impactful - news stories each day. This team brings curiosity and unmatched creativity to the daily news podcast category and the dramatic increase in audience in the last three years shows there’s a strong appetite for their approach.
In March, Today, Explained debuted its first spin off show, Unexplainable, co-created by former Today, Explained senior producer Noam Hassenfeld, Future Perfect and The Impact reporter and producer Byrd Pinkerton, as well as Vox senior science reporter Brian Resnick.
To support Today, Explained’s growth and ongoing expansion we’re thrilled to introduce five new members of the Vox Audio Team.
Today, Explained welcomes two new producers who will help expand the scope and depth of the daily news explainer:
- Victoria Chamberlin joins Today, Explained from her most recent gig as a producer at WAMU’s Kojo Nnamdi Show. Prior to that, Victoria reported audio and digital stories for the Guns and America project and WAMU newsroom. Before becoming a journalist, Victoria served on active duty in the U.S. Army for eight years.
- Miles Bryan is a producer and reporter based in Philadelphia who, before joining Today Explained, had a long career in public radio, reporting for stations in Philadelphia, Chicago, and Laramie, Wyoming.
And joining Unexplainable, the explainer science podcast about everything we don’t know:
- Senior Producer Meredith Hoddinott joins the team from ESPN where she produced the award-winning 30 for 30 podcast, including the episode “Back Pass,” about the world’s first women’s professional soccer league. She’s spent time at Al Jazeera, and OZY and has a degree in organic chemistry.
- Associate Producer Mandy Nguyen joins from NPR member station KQED, but her work has taken her around the world including remote Alaska, Japan and Argentina.
- Engineer Cristian Ayala brings a mix of podcast, film and video game sound experience to the Unexplainable team. Cristian’s work can be heard in the documentary Zaatari: Through the Lens, The Van podcast, and the Bullet Knight mobile game.
Find your next great job with us at Vox Audio. We’re currently looking for an Editor to join the Today, Explained team and a Deputy Editorial Director and Producer to help us chart the course for the next generation of Vox talk shows.