The Webby Awards, the leading international award honoring excellence on the internet, has recognized Vox Media’s exceptional creative work across more than a dozen categories. From meaningful branded content, informative weekly podcasts, and the number one news publisher on TikTok, we are proud to celebrate our nominees, honorees, and the numerous writers, podcasters, producers and marketers behind these projects.
With 13 nominations and six honorees, Vox Media is one of six media companies in contention for Media Company of the Year, an honor presented to the media company that performs best across all Webby Awards, an honor that Vox Media has earned the past three consecutive years.
All of the nominees found below are eligible to win and fans can vote now through Thursday, April 20.
In podcasts, Vox Media has earned five nominations, celebrating our branded podcast with Mattress Firm, Are You Sleeping? and Vox Media Podcast Network’s collection of premium podcast shows including The Verge’s Vergecast, Vox’s Unexplainable and New York Magazine’s Pivot and On with Kara Swisher.
Vote for your favorite podcasts
- Best Branded, General Series: Are You Sleeping?
- Best Interview/Talk Show, General Series: New York Magazine’s On with Kara Swisher
- Best Technology, General Series: The Verge’s VergeCast
- Best Business, General Series: New York Magazine’s Pivot
- Best Science & Education, General Series: Vox’s Unexplainable
In the video category, The Webbys recognizes Eater’s Clocking In - Hawksmoor, The Verge’s Full Frame with Becca Farsace, and Vox Creative’s branded documentary, The Beauty of Blackness, created in partnership with Sephora.
Vote for your favorite videos
- Best Food and Drink Video: Eater’s Clocking In - Hawksmoor
- Best Technology Video: The Verge’s Full Frame with Becca Farsace
- Best Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Video: Vox Creative’s The Beauty of Blackness
- Best Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Video, Branded Content: Vox Creative’s The Beauty of Blackness
For social, The Webbys highlighted, NowThis for its TikTok presence as the #1 news publisher on the platform in the world, with over 10 million followers. The Webby’s also highlighted NowThis’, Presidential Forum with Joe Biden which featured President Biden in conversation with young people leading on key issues animating them this past election cycle and ran in its entirety across NowThis’ TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook channels.
Vote for your favorite social content
- Best Social Campaign, Events & Livestreams: NowThis’ Presidential Forum with Joe Biden
- Best Use of Vertical Video, Features: NowThis’ TikTok
- Best Education & Discovery, General Social: Seeker by The Verge
For websites and mobile sites, The Webbys nominated Language, Please, Vox Media’s free, living resource created to help newsrooms more thoughtfully cover social, cultural, and identity-related topics.
Vote for your favorite websites and mobile sites
- Best Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, General Websites and Mobile Sites: Language, Please
Additionally, some of Vox Media’s most beloved work in audio, websites, and video earned special honors from The Webbys.
Check out the six honorees
- Best Video Series & Channels, Sports: SB Nation’s Secret Base
- Best Video, General: SB Nation’s Secret Base’s Section 1
- Best Branded Content, Media & Entertainment: Popsugar’s Enter the Dreamworld
- Best Branded Content, Products & Services: NowThis’ Learn This
- Best Individual Podcast Episode, News & Politics: Cafe’s Stay Tuned with Preet, Unpacking The Russian Threat (with Masha Gessen)
- Best Individual Podcast Episode, Crime & Justice: Criminal’s The Midnight Slider