Just in time for summer vacation planning, Thrillist launched its annual road trips package, “The [Scenic] Route,” on Tuesday. The collection of stories goes far beyond the all-American summer road trip, transporting travelers across borders and over oceans.
“The [Scenic] Route” features 15 international road trip guides—from coasting through Australia’s Outback and looping around Laos on a motorbike to scoping out Rwandan wildlife from the driver’s seat of an open-air Jeep—plus helpful explainers on international driver’s licenses, renting cars abroad, and more. There’s also a custom road trip playlist that you can listen to via Spotify. These international joyrides will have you yearning to hit the highway—no matter which side you’re used to driving on.
Check out the full package and beautifully designed experience page here.
The full list of stories is below:
- Rent a Safari Vehicle for an Animal-Filled Rwanda Road Trip
- Drive Through the Deserts and Ancient Cities of Morocco
- Ride a Motorcycle Across 5,000 Miles of African Dirt on the Adventure of a Lifetime
- Circle Hokkaido for the Ultimate Japan Road Trip
- Joyride Some of the Highest Roads in the World at the Top of India
- Hop on a Motorbike in Laos for an Adventure-Fueled Road Trip
- Crisscross the Absurdly Pretty Faroe Islands by Driving Underseas
- This Legendary Road Trip Might Be the Most Beautiful Drive on Earth
- Ireland’s Seaside Cliffs & Historic Hamlets Were Made for Road Tripping
- Take Off on an Outback Road Trip Through the Heart of Australia
- You Haven’t Lived Until You’ve Accidentally Gone Off-Roading in Costa Rica
- Tour Glacial Lakes & Mountain Peaks on This Canadian Rockies Road Adventure
- Surf Sand Dunes and See Mummies on the Drive to Machu Picchu
- Iceland’s Lesser-Known Route Is Bursting with Waterfalls, Fjords, and Hot Springs
- Follow Winding Roads Past Scenic Castles in Romania
- Everything You Need to Know About International Driver’s Licenses
- Get Into Gear with Our International Road Trip Playlist
- Go Off-Roading with an International Rally Champ
- Essential Tips for Renting a Car Overseas
- How to Feel (and Smell) Fresh During a Long-Haul Road Trip
Thrillist was founded in 2005 as a local food & drink and things to do newsletter, and joined Vox Media in 2022 alongside POPSUGAR, The Dodo, and NowThis. The lifestyle media brand has recently evolved to focus on travel, fun things to do, and local experiences in nearly 20 markets across the United States. Thrillist has earned several major awards and honors over the years, including three James Beard Media Awards and, relatedly, a Webby Award for its summer road trips coverage.