Vox Media will return to SXSW to host “The Deep End” for a second year. The multi-day experience will open from Friday, March 8th through Sunday, March 10th at The Belmont, on Austin’s historic 6th Street. Beginning each day at 11am CST, fans can experience The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Vox, Curbed and Recode.
RSVP now and stay tuned for programming updates here.
The Deep End by Vox Media will feature three days of unscripted discussions, live podcasts, immersive experiences, and of course, plenty of food and music. Vox Media reporters and podcast hosts such as Kara Swisher, Nilay Patel, Casey Newton, Liz Plank and others will host some of today’s leading voices in tech, music, sports, politics, culture, and food, including Olivia Wilde, Mark Cuban, Craig Newmark, Alex Stamos and more to be announced in coming weeks. The Deep End by Vox Media will come to life in partnership with Aloft Hotels, 3M, KeVita, eBay, Doha Debates, and TCL.
Today, we’re excited to announce some of the sessions you can expect at The Deep End:
- Kara Swisher, Recode co-founder and editor-at-large, will host a live episode of Recode Decode with Arlan Hamilton, founder of the “It’s about damn time” fund
- Liz Plank, executive producer and host of Vox Media’s Consider It, will host a conversation with activist, actress & director, Olivia Wilde and writer & producer Katie Silberman
- Casey Newton, The Verge’s Silicon Valley editor, will host conversations with Facebook’s former Chief Security Officer Alex Stamos and Craigslist Founder Craig Newmark. (Be sure subscribe to The Interface newsletter for daily updates on the state of social media and democracy from Casey.)
- Eater will curate 20 pop-up food stalls inspired by Eater Travel’s “24 Hours In” itineraries with restaurants and chefs from Los Angeles, New Orleans and Austin including Emmer & Rye, Domo Alley Gato, Yarrow, and Coquette.
- The Weeds LIVE hosted by Vox’s Matthew Yglesias, Dara Lind and Jane Coaston with a special guest
- Peter Kafka, Recode senior editor and host of Recode Media, with Mark Cuban, Owner, Dallas Mavericks
RSVP now and stay tuned for programming updates.
In addition to hosting The Deep End, Vox Media is excited to join SXSW’s official stages this year.
Vox Media CEO Jim Bankoff will take the stage with Soledad O’Brien for a Featured Session on the future of media and entertainment; Vox Media Publisher Melissa Bell will interview Valerie Jarrett for a Featured Session; Vox Media Chief Revenue Officer Ryan Pauley will join Sleeping Giant’s Co-Founder Matt Rivitz on brand safety and advertiser responsibility. Polygon’s entertainment reporter Karen Han will judge SXSW Film’s annual documentary feature competition.
For more information on Vox Media’s networks, Vox Entertainment, Vox Media Podcast Network, Chorus, Concert and Vox Creative, visit voxmedia.com.
See you in Austin!