On Tuesday, October 15, Vox Media previewed a slate of new and expanded shows during its podcast upfront event, The Lineup – hosted by Today, Explained’s, Sean Rameswaram. The program featured hosts from across the Vox Media Podcast Network, including Arielle Duhaime- Ross, Dieter Bohn, Ezra Klein, Jane Coaston, Jason Del Rey, Jillian Weinberger, Peter Kafka, Kara Swisher, and Scott Galloway.
Vox Media Studios President Marty Moe kicked off the evening to discuss the Vox Media Podcast Network’s explosive growth and introduce the new slate of upcoming programming.
“At Vox Media, we have two primary missions: serve modern audiences everywhere they demand quality content and answer the needs of our industry with innovative and technology-informed solutions,” Moe said. “Our mindset at the Vox Media Podcast Network is much the same. For hundreds of millions of people, we are proud to provide one of the largest, most topically diverse collections of podcasts in the world: 200+ shows across news & politics, tech & business, sports, entertainment and culture.”
Announced on stage at The Lineup:
- Impeachment, Explained - This new podcast, hosted by Vox founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein, will dig into the latest surrounding the House impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, featuring deep conversations with Vox reporters and leading policy voices about what’s going on, why it matters, and where it leaves us now. Continuing to lean into weekend listening with Reset publishing on Sundays, we’re launching Impeachment, Explained on October 19, with new episodes every Saturday. Subscribe to Impeachment, Explained here.
- Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway will begin publishing twice a week later this fall, with new episodes every Tuesday and Friday. Subscribe to Pivot here.
- Land of the Giants is a narrative franchise about the major technology companies changing our world: Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google. Subscribe to Land of the Giants here.
- Season 2: Google with Dieter Bohn - produced in partnership with The Verge and hosted by The Verge’s Executive Editor Dieter Bohn, Land of the Giants season two will dive deep into Google.
- Season 3: Netflix with Peter Kafka and Rani Molla - headed back to Recode, season three will break down Netflix’s rise to streaming dominance. Season three will be hosted by Recode Senior Correspondent Peter Kafka (host of the Recode Media podcast and executive producer of the Code Media conference) and Recode data reporter Rani Molla.
- The Impact Season 3 – Vox’s award-winning narrative podcast about the real world effects of policy returns for a third season with a new host – Jillian Weinberger. Returning January 8, the third season of The Impact will look at the big ideas from the 2020 candidates and how they’ve worked — or didn’t work — in other places, or at other times, across 8 episodes. Subscribe to The Impact here.
Impeachment, Explained– A new Vox podcast hosted by Ezra Klein
From Today, Explained to Explained on Netflix, Vox is the go-to source for modern explanatory journalism, and we’re excited to continue expanding our efforts to explain the 2020 news cycle and beyond.
Beginning October 19, we’re launching Impeachment, Explained – a new podcast hosted by Vox founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein. Impeachment, Explained will dig into the latest surrounding the House Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald Trump.
We are living through history, and keeping up with the unending stream of revelations, statements, tweets, and disputes is already difficult enough. If we’re going to understand this inquiry–and this presidency–we need to slow down the news cycle long enough to separate the signal from the noise.
Every Saturday, Ezra Klein will do just that – through deep conversations with Vox reporters and leading policy voices about what’s going on, why it matters, and where it leaves us now.
Listen to the trailer for Impeachment, Explained, and subscribe on Apple Podcasts to automatically get the first episode.
Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway Will Publish Twice Weekly Later this Fall
Every Friday on Recode’s Pivot, Recode’s Kara Swisher and NYU Professor Scott Galloway offer sharp, unfiltered insights into the biggest stories in tech, business, and politics. They make bold predictions, pick winners and losers, and bicker and banter like no other.
Pivot with Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway is also one of the largest and fastest-growing business podcasts, so, later this fall we’re bringing you two episodes of Pivot each week - every Tuesday and Friday.
Land of the Giants Seasons 2 and 3 – Google with the Verge’s Dieter Bohn and Netflix with Recode’s Peter Kafka and Rani Molla
Land of the Giants is a narrative franchise about the major technology companies that are changing our world: Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google. Each season, a new host will dig into one of the FAANG companies to understand how it’s changing our lives – for better and for worse.
Recode’s Jason Del Rey started with The Rise of Amazon where, over seven episodes, he examined how, over two decades, an online marketplace for books became one of the world’s most valuable companies – how Amazon got its power, what it’s doing with that domination, and what might happen to the company in the future.
Coming in 2020, season two of Land of the Giants will be produced by The Verge, diving deep into Google and hosted by The Verge’s Executive Editor Dieter Bohn. After that, Land of the Giants will head back to Recode, where Peter Kafka, senior correspondent, host of Recode Media podcast, and executive producer of the Code Media conference and data reporter Rani Molla will break down Netflix’s rise to streaming dominance.
We’re excited to share more on seasons two and three of Land of the Giants soon. Until then, catch up on season one – Land of the Giants: The Rise of Amazon hosted by Recode’s Jason Del Rey.
Vox’s The Impact Returns For Season 3 With New Host Jillian Weinberger
The Impact, Vox’s award-winning narrative podcast about the real-world effects of policy returns for a third season with a new host – Jillian Weinberger. Returning January 8, the third season of The Impact will look at the big ideas from the 2020 candidates and how they’ve worked — or didn’t work — in other places, or at other times across eight episodes
With the reporting power of the Vox newsroom, Weinberger will partner with top media brands across the country to unpack the candidates’ proposed solutions to our country’s biggest problems: climate change, incarceration, student debt, the opioid epidemic, child poverty, and more. The Impact will take listeners to Germany, Taiwan, and Kalamazoo, Michigan -- and back in time, to the aftermath of the Vietnam War, and the AIDS epidemic -- to discover whether and how these ideas worked elsewhere, or at different times in our nation’s history.
These memorable stories will inform and entertain Vox’s existing policy- and politics-obsessed listenership, and reach a new audience of engaged voters in the run-up to November 2020.
About the Vox Media Podcast Network
The Vox Media Podcast Network is one of the largest, fastest-growing, and most topically-diverse collections of high-quality podcasts in the world. With more than 200 active shows from Vox Media’s editorial networks and partners, our podcast network is home to a show that feeds listeners’ interests and passions — from news and policy, to tech and business, to culture and sports.