The Webby Awards — the leading international award honoring excellence on the internet — recognizes Vox Media’s standout creative work in over a dozen categories across podcasts, social, websites, and video. From a daily news show and a podcast about crime to social-first video storytelling across platforms, we’re proud to celebrate our nominees and honorees, as well as the countless podcasters, writers, producers, and creators behind these projects. With 13 nominations and five honorees, Vox Media is one of the companies with the most nominations at the 2022 Webbys — an honor that Vox Media also earned in 2021 and 2020.
All nominees are eligible to win The Webby People’s Voice Award, voted on by fans: please vote in the categories featured below now through Thursday, April 21.
From the Vox Media Podcast Network — one of the largest, fastest-growing, and most topically diverse collections of premium podcasts — we celebrate Vox’s Today, Explained and Unexplainable, Cafe’s Stay Tuned with Preet, the Verge’s Decoder, Thrillist’s Thrillist Explorers, New York Magazine’s Pivot, and Vox Media’s Criminal.
Vote for your favorite podcasts
- Best Co-Hosts: Kara Swisher and Scott Galloway for New York Magazine’s Pivot
- Best Business General Series: New York Magazine’s Pivot
- Best Crime & Justice General Series: Vox Media’s Criminal
- Best Lifestyle General Series: Thrillist’s Thrillist Explorers
- Best News & Politics General Series: Vox’s Today, Explained
- Best Technology General Series: the Verge’s Decoder
- Best News & Politics Individual Episode: Cafe’s Stay Tuned with Preet
- Best Science & Education Individual Episode: Vox’s Unexplainable
For video, The Webbys highlights the Verge’s Springboard: the secret history of the first real smartphone documentary, NowThis’s inaugural NowThis NEXT — a virtual event celebrating women leaders reimagining our future — with Vital Voices, and POPSUGAR Fitness, the #1 most-viewed fitness publisher on social media.
Vote for your favorite videos
- Best Events & Live Streams Video: NowThis NEXT
- Best Technology Video: the Verge’s Springboard: the secret history of the first real smartphone
- Best Health & Wellness Social Video: POPSUGAR Fitness
In social, which honors the scope of social media across all platforms, The Webbys recognizes Families for Furry Friends, the new family-friendly series between Dodo Kids and Sesame Street, as well as the social-first approach of NowThis, the #1 most-viewed News & Politics Digital Publisher across Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Vote for your favorite social content
- Best Animals Social Content: Sesame Street and Dodo Kids’ Families for Furry Friends
- Best News & Politics Social Content: NowThis
Russian troops have taken Chernobyl, the site of the worst nuclear disaster ever & one of the most radioactive spots in the world. @nowserena explains♬ original sound - nowthis
Additionally, some of Vox Media’s most beloved work in audio, websites, and video earned special honors from The Webbys.
Check out the five honorees
- Best Co-Hosts: Heather Cox Richardson and Joanne Freeman for Cafe’s Now & Then
- Best Host: Preet Bharara for Cafe’s Stay Tuned with Preet
- Best New & Politics Podcast: Cafe’s Stay Tuned with Preet
- Best Travel & Lifestyle Website and Mobile Site: Thrillist
- Best Science & Education Video: Seeker’s The Swim
All Webby and Webby People’s Voice Award Winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 26, 2022.
About Vox Media
Vox Media is the leading modern media company, reaching audiences everywhere they are.
Known for editorial properties including Vox, SB Nation, New York Magazine, The Dodo, and NowThis, the company’s portfolio features the most relevant, respected, and engaging editorial properties and voices. The company is also home to award-winning storytelling businesses such as Vox Media Studios and the Vox Media Podcast Network, as well as innovative technologies that support the entire media industry, including the Concert advertising marketplace. Vox Media proves that quality can scale.